Monday, April 16, 2012

Going 'One Direction' For You



  Yes! I said it! Well I've seen it A LOT on Twitter trends, E! News, Nickelodeon and SNL. This British-Irish boy band/group seems to have been taking America by storm just like everything else. One Direction is made up of five guys, Niall Horan, Zayn Malik, Liam Payne, Harry Styles and Louis Tomlinson. I honestly don't go out to many places but when I do I can seriously say I can hear their hit song 'What Makes You Beautiful' everywhere! I'm not saying it's a bad thing because I do like the song so don't get me wrong or anything. I can say that I prefer them over Justin Bieber, but I guess I can say it's because I like boy bands/groups more than solo artists.
    Anyways! One Direction, or 1D to some, came out in The X Factor UK. Although they didn't win, they did place third in the 7th season of the show. They then signed with American record label Columbia Records. Their debut single, 'What Makes You Beautiful' was released in September 2011 and reached number one in the UK and charted in the top ten in several international markets. Their debut album, Up All Night, was released in November 2011 and debuted at number two on the UK Albums Chart, with the highest sales for number two album in 2011! Aren't they amazing? Ha ha.
   

Commercial endorsements

   One Direction became the brand ambassadors for Pokémon Black and White in April 2011. They starred in a series of television ads, as well as special events performing for and meeting fans.
   The boys also launched limited edition Nokia C2-02 and Nokia C3-00 phones. They contain exclusive content such as One Direction wallpapers, ringtones, and behind the scenes videos of the band.

Now! Off to introduce you to the members themselves... Although most of you are already highly aware of them, just not me.

Members

  Niall James Horan (born 13 September 1993 in Mullingar, County Westmeath, Ireland) was born to mother Maura and father Bobby. He has an older brother called Greg, 23. Prior to participating in X-Factor, he performed around his homeland, including as a support act for Lloyd Daniels in Dublin. Niall has been playing guitar since childhood. In an interview he referred to his guitar as "the best present I ever received for Christmas"

    Zain Javadd "Zayn" Malik (born 12 January 1993 in St. Luke's Hospital) is from West Lane, Bradford, England. Born to an English mother Tricia, and British Pakistani father Yaser, he has three sisters Doniya, Waliyha and Safaa. He stated that as a child "I was a bit of a handful when I was a kid because I was quite hyperactive. Even in the house my mum used to put me in my pram because I was so full-on." Malik didn't fit in at his first two schools due to his heritage, revealing that when he and his sister moved schools he felt he fit in better. (Ha ha! 'Mum' so cute)

    Liam James Payne (born 29 August 1993) is from Wolverhampton, West Midlands, England, born three weeks early to mother Karen and father Geoff, he has two older sisters, Ruth and Nicola. He had regular tests done in hospital, doctors noticed one of his kidneys was scarred and dysfunctional. To help cope with the pain he had 32 injections in his arm in the morning and evening as a child. He describes himself as a "naughty boy at school". He tried out for teams, eventually trying out for the cross-country team. "From then on I was training all the time and getting up at 6am to run for miles. At the age of 12 they put me in the school's under-18s team." Liam was bullied in school and took up boxing lessons, saying he "needed to find a way to defend myself.

    Harold Edward "Harry" Styles (born 1 February 1994, in Evesham, Worcestershire) is from village Holmes Chapel, Cheshire, England. Born to mother Anne and father Des, he has an older sister, Gemma. He loved singing, noting Elvis Presley as one of his influences. Harry was the lead singer for the band White Eskimo. (Styles, wow, fantastic name ha ha,)

    Louis William Tomlinson (born 24 December 1991) is from Doncaster, South Yorkshire, England. Born to mother Johanna and father Mark, he has four younger sisters: Charlotte, Félicité, and twins Daisy and Phoebe. He starred in an ITV drama called If I Had You, and had a small part in Waterloo Road. Louis has said that along with vocals, he can also play the piano. 

 

I've noticed that most or all of the members' parents are divorced. Sad face! But sometimes a chapter like that in a person's life is the factor and put them where they are. Well since they started their US invasion they've been everywhere. They've appeared at the Nickelodeon Kids Choice Awards 2012 and iCarly on the same network. 1D has also revealed a 2013 North American live arena tour! So early too!

One Direction a red carpet riot 

4/16/12

    ONE Direction hysteria stole the spotlight at the Logies last night with the deafening screams of excited fans drowning out television stars as they hit the red carpet. Hundreds of fans went to incredible lengths to catch a glimpse of 1D. Security and police had worked up extensive plans to deal with the devoted teens, some who were given bottles of water after waiting nearly 24 hours to see their UK idols.

    I think that should be enough for this post. I did have fun with this one, as any other posts. Have a beautiful day and enjoy their music video now~!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment